Friday, October 8, 2010

cyberspace time travel

I traveled back to October 27th, 2008 today.

Rummaging through old e-mails and archives of facebook posts, I was amazed to see where time had taken me.  Some posts had me thinking- what was I even talking about? What was I going through? At the time, it must have seemed so important, and now, I'm searching through the files of my brain to find that it wasn't even important enough to be saved into my memory!  Apparently the impact of what I was feeling that day wasn't life changing.

But there are other posts and e-mails- statuses and quotes that I shared that I re-read today and was immediately transported.....reliving and remembering the details, feelings and emotions attached with that  days past.
 College graduation, My big 2-2 birthday, the Master Clean (eeek), Christmas Eve with my family at home, the first time I took my surfboard out, a guitar lesson with Johnny, a last minute Vegas trip, Seattle adventures with my cousin, mind opening yoga classes, roaming the island, confusion and revelations, a break-up, a hook-up, a fight, a building relationship and a heart of forgiveness.  


It's all right there.

In my love/hate relationship with facebook, I came to realize that the site acts like a scrapbook...keeping all the pictures, conversations, posts in one place that I can come back to every once in a while... as a reminder of how fast life moves and how much can go down in a year! 
So facebook... I guess you're not so bad. Thanks for saving my memories.... 
well at least up until 10-27-08... apparently you don't have enough space to save before that date.