Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

In celebration of Thanksgiving, I am sharing a list of things I am thankful for…. the obvious and random, the complex and simple, the beautiful, inspiring, and everything in between. This list could go on and on...

1.) The Obvious and most important- My family. There are multiple definitions for “family” in the dictionary and mine is a mix of them all. My family consists of blood and of chosen. An extended Ohana I would do anything for.

2.) The Universe & the opportunities it has bestowed upon me. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

3.) My health- physical and mental, which serves and allows me to do so much everyday without me giving it a second thought.

4.) Flowers….. especially tiger lilies.

5.) Tahoe time in the summer with my family

6.) Yoga- & absorbing all of it’s benefits.

7.) Finding inspiration anywhere & everywhere from anything everyday!

8.) Mother Nature & the wonderful gifts she offers. From the ocean, to the mountains, valleys and deserts, plains, hills, country, cities, jungles, or icebergs- all encompass beauty.

9.) DANCE- feeling the music, moving to the beats, and getting completely lost in the moment.

10.) Love- unconditional love, platonic love, pure love, physical love, puppy love, lasting love, paternal love, compassionate love, spiritual love, TRUE LOVE.

11.) A homemade chai tea latte in the morning

12.) Rising with the sun

13.) Nourishing and serving my mind, body & spirit

14.) Powerful, meaningful, understood connection.

15.) Real & Authentic emotion-whether it be anger, happiness, excitement sadness whatever. As long as its sincere and honest.

16.) MUSIC

17.) Thought provoking conversation

18.) Noticing the growth and strength in a relationship that has already withstood so much.

19.) Hawaii – the people, the aina, the ocean, the music, the history, the tradition, the beauty, the moments where I stop and say, Wow I live here… the list goes on and on.

20.) Getting a text message from my mom

21.) Positive people and energy.

22.) Truth & Honesty

23.) QUOTES. QUOTES. QUOTES.

24.) A really good book on a rainy day

25.) Big Sur Coastline

26.) An early morning wakeboard sesh with Papa bear on a flat & empty lake

27.) A competitive game of yahtzee with my sisters. (Well actually it’s just Erin that gets feisty)

28.) Mimosas with girlfriends

29.) The ability to capture a defining moment in a picture

30.) Spontaneity & living in the moment

31.) Hugs that never end

32.) Menchies (frozen yogurt) for dinner

33.) A day beginning and ending with laughter and a smile

34.) Meeting people from all over the world, with different thoughts, perspectives, cultures, traditions, feelings, points of view, upbringings and finding that one thing that draws you together.

35.) Hearing a classic rock song that brings back memories of growing up

36.) A glass of red accompanied by crackers, brie, & grapes.

37.) Having one experience with someone that can bond you for life.

38.) Deep lung filling breathes that remind me to slow down

39.) Golden Doodles. They are so freakin adorable.

40.) Full body massages

41.) Tradewinds

42.) A sunset that stops you dead in your tracks

43.) Exploring the islands and finding hidden jems.

44.) Sex & the City reruns

45.) Relaxing in the park under a tree

46.) TRAVEL- Seeing the world! Appreciating the diversity of this world and the people, places & cultures.

47.) My bed after a long day

48.) Fresh fruit in the morning after a run and hot shower.

49.) Making lists of things I am thankful for to remind me how blessed I am.

50.) Today. Right now. This moment.