Friday, August 13, 2010

Eat Pray Love

Eat ♥ Pray ♥ Love
Needless to say, the movie was fantastical.  My desire for travel has only grown exponentially with visual images exhibited in the movie.  Lately, my thirst for travel has began moving further from the " I want" category and inching closer and closer into the I must, need, demand (with a sense of urgency!) category.

   Wanderlust has always been a word I can identify with- researching countries, making endless lists of places I want to visit,  constantly hunting for great deals online- though timing has always been an issue.  I was always worried about rooting in Hawaii.... making the commitment to begin a life here.  And then I realized- I started making a life here a long time ago.  I am rooted in Hawaii (and a part of me is even rooted in California.) But that doesn't mean that I can't change my mind- that at any time, I can pick up and go where my heart tells me- even if it is halfway across the world. 

I'm ready to make some big trips- to put a lot of thought & energy into how I want to proceed with 6 months to a year of my life and where I want to spend it.  Europe, Africa, Australia, South America.... how to choose? 

But for the moment- everyday I wake up in paradise and thank the universe for bringing me to this amazing place that surprises me with beauty everyday.