Saturday, August 21, 2010

Monday

 A Monday.. that began on a Sunday.. and me posing the question of.. "WOW, my first day off in 13 days? What am I going to do tomorrow?"
Answer: EASY. Get out of Town! 
Thoughts of North Shore rush through my head as I imagine empty beaches, calm summer waters, and a stop to Haleiwa Eats for some mad thai food on the way home.  Monday rolls around- and the forecast shows me nothing but rain- but with a high of 85 of course. P.S. this ALWAYS happens on my one day off. 
Change action plan. 
Already secured my adventure partner. Kat will be joining me on my journey which is perfect. Like me, she is go with the flow, sail with the wind, down for anything. check. check. check. 
So Monday rolls around- North Shore  shows rain, thinking about Kailua or China Walls when I receive a text from Kat saying... "maybe go holo holo to La'ie?"
DONE. 
45 minutes later I have filled up the car and am picking Kat up for a day with no itinerary- except for that we have books to read, skin that needs sun, and a thirst for something different. 
Stopping in Kaneohe for Leonards malasadas and coffee... make that coffee/cappuccino in a can... aka 11 or so ounces of pure crack.. and we are back on the road feeling the high of caffeine hit us with intensity.  Making a quick stop at the Mac Nut farm (I had never been) we sample some amazing tasty mac nuts, talk to some guys from the UK strictly because we liked their accent, and are back on the road. 
Stopping at Kahana Bay for a dip in the water, some reading, and a cat nap for me *meow* we drive farther north till we hit Tamura's.
STOP- Poke and blueberry beer please. 
We take our lunch and head to La'ie point- where we sit on the cliffs for hours- 
meeting tourists who have come from California and New York- posing for pictures, taking pictures, jumping off cliffs (tanks for da reef shoes ;), stopping every now and again to look at each other and say, "We live here?!" Fully appreciating every second of the day and what it has brought us so far. 
Before we know it,  the sun is moving farther to the west and Kat looks at me and says, "You wanna go home?"

"Ya," I respond with a tired but happy smile.  I am ready.  We pack our things and begin the beautiful drive back along the coast to town.