Monday, August 23, 2010



I love when I stumble upon quotes that directly reflect something I am going though in life.  I ran across this as I was researching new classes in the community that lululemon has tapped into yet. I am looking at this kickboxing website, which turns out to not just be a kickboxing class, but a class that combines kickboxing, boxing, and martial arts. Sick!  So I am feeling completely ready to dive into my first boxing class and morph into a female version of Bruce Lee when I read a quote in the upper hand corner of the page.. 

"When the mind is not confined anywhere- it is everywhere" 

I couldn't help but laugh because this describes me perfectly.  I LOVE trying new things- I am an adventurist at heart and the demon named FEAR is really like a group of gorgeous butterflies fluttering around waiting for me to (no support to Nike here.. ) but JUST DO IT. 

But this is the way my mind thinks- I see things that inspire and interest me and I am quick to grab a friend and try it.  My focus, especially in the past year since I graduated has been nothing short of an A.D.D prognosis.
In school- it was easy. Too easy- My targets were clear and mapped out. 
.School- volleyball- Intership- work.
Repeat.
So all of a sudden school is pau and I have ALL this time to explore, investigate, and question and do whatever my mind wants- go wherever my heart takes me.  And literally- I feel like I have gone everywhere, while only physically leaving the island a few times.  

It was only after school that I realized how much of a wander my mind is... Like the quote says, if my mind doesn't have a focus- it is EVERYWHERE.  This is why one minute I will be wanting to take Kung Fu (inspired by the remake of Karate kid) another minute I will be wanting to start my teacher training for yoga, and the next I am thinking about taking a year off to go travel. 

Reading this quote was a nice reminder to stop and prioritize things in my life and my goals.  To focus and hone in on the things that I truly want, because that is the only way I am going to see results.  If I keep allowing my mind to bounce back and forth, never making absolute decisions- how am I supposed to grow?